Winery Tour & Picnic in the Blue Ridge Mountains for 2
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Won a combined eight medals at the The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and The Finger Lakes International Wine Competition in 2016
- Past Travelzoo guests have called it a "fantastic experience"
- More than 90 TripAdvisor users give the winery an average of 4 stars
- Located in Hume, Va., the winery is about an hour drive from D.C.
- For $36, two people receive a winery visit and picnic (reg. $85)
- Guided winery tour, which covers the history of Carter family wines dating back to 1762
- A picnic lunch including Virginia cheeses, cured meats, Virginia chutney and chocolates
- Wine education class on wine production and terminology
- Two survivor glasses with a complimentary tasting of red and white wines and a corkscrew
- Visit with four people for $65 (reg. $170)